Man this weather today is a mess (that's my new word for some reason...don't ask why cause I couldn't tell ya). For me, in a good way though. The rain ALWAYS does one of two things for me, either it makes me tired as all hell or it makes me introspective. Today it isn't an either or, it's a little bit of both. Right now, I'm hella happy. I have a great life. Good job, School's going well (that bad ass 3.875 GPA...please excuse me for bragging but I think I earned it *giggles*), I have a great man, and great friends.
Today though, I heard from a friend who's S.O. is going through some financial trouble on top of other issues. She's worried about how things will work out in these tough economic times. I thought to myself "WOW! When it rains it pours". I know it's so cliche but I can't help but think: why do things always have to come in such a rush? Personally I'd take a slow drip, any day, over a waterfall. I'm a firm believer that GOD won't put more on us than we can bear...but we are all only humans. There is a saying that says something along the lines of "if you worry you are not trusting GOD" but I have a hard time believing that. It's like saying you're hungry with no money and you don't know where your next meal is coming from. If you trust GOD, you know eventually you will eat, somehow someway. But, that does not change the fact that you are hungry right then and there. I wonder, is worrying an act of unfaithfulness or is it just human nature?
What do you think?
Today though, I heard from a friend who's S.O. is going through some financial trouble on top of other issues. She's worried about how things will work out in these tough economic times. I thought to myself "WOW! When it rains it pours". I know it's so cliche but I can't help but think: why do things always have to come in such a rush? Personally I'd take a slow drip, any day, over a waterfall. I'm a firm believer that GOD won't put more on us than we can bear...but we are all only humans. There is a saying that says something along the lines of "if you worry you are not trusting GOD" but I have a hard time believing that. It's like saying you're hungry with no money and you don't know where your next meal is coming from. If you trust GOD, you know eventually you will eat, somehow someway. But, that does not change the fact that you are hungry right then and there. I wonder, is worrying an act of unfaithfulness or is it just human nature?
What do you think?
Comments