What's the deal Mother Nature? Ever heard of a snow day??
Everybody in the Northeast, namely New York, was looking forward to a nice, cozy day spent in the comforts of our own homes. Much to our chagrin, we woke up this morning to snow plows and clear roads. When I went to my front window and looked outside I was utterly confused.
I was hoping to see my street covered in a thick white blanket of snow. Instead what I found was a big yellow monster that I hear they call a snow plow. I walk back to the bed and lay there for a little while longer, wishing and hoping to get a phone call from the office telling us not to come in.
Finally, the phone rings. Yes! There is a snow day God. Just my coworker. Asking me if I received a call. Womp Womp. I dally around still waiting. Then a thought occurs to me. Hey! Why don't I be proactive? I call my boss's cell phone. He doesn't pick up. Bad sign. Maybe he's on his way into the office, or worse, there already. I try the office phone.
He's in.
"Hey *insert Boss's name here*. Just calling to see if the office was open but since you picked up I'm gonna take that as a yes. I'll be in as soon as I can."
Damnit!
Who told Bloomberg to get his sh*t together. I LIKED having the city in disarray with no means of getting to work. As long as I'm getting paid...I don't see a problem. Call it lazy, call it triflin', better yet call it anything you like. But I just calls 'em how I see 'em and this was one ole fake a$% snow storm!
Everybody in the Northeast, namely New York, was looking forward to a nice, cozy day spent in the comforts of our own homes. Much to our chagrin, we woke up this morning to snow plows and clear roads. When I went to my front window and looked outside I was utterly confused.
I was hoping to see my street covered in a thick white blanket of snow. Instead what I found was a big yellow monster that I hear they call a snow plow. I walk back to the bed and lay there for a little while longer, wishing and hoping to get a phone call from the office telling us not to come in.
Finally, the phone rings. Yes! There is a snow day God. Just my coworker. Asking me if I received a call. Womp Womp. I dally around still waiting. Then a thought occurs to me. Hey! Why don't I be proactive? I call my boss's cell phone. He doesn't pick up. Bad sign. Maybe he's on his way into the office, or worse, there already. I try the office phone.
He's in.
"Hey *insert Boss's name here*. Just calling to see if the office was open but since you picked up I'm gonna take that as a yes. I'll be in as soon as I can."
Damnit!
Who told Bloomberg to get his sh*t together. I LIKED having the city in disarray with no means of getting to work. As long as I'm getting paid...I don't see a problem. Call it lazy, call it triflin', better yet call it anything you like. But I just calls 'em how I see 'em and this was one ole fake a$% snow storm!
Comments